We were all moved in by the middle of September. I hate moving and hate cardboard, I could not wait to get either out of my short term memory. From then to April the following year, we did not stop. We planned out the garden, the chicken coop, had contractors here almost every day- it felt like a beehive. The girls would come home from school about 4 pm and at that point in the day, Erick and I had been up since daybreak. We looked into home schooling over so many reasons. We met many parents in our new hometown that homeschooled. Our schedules would be have to be re-prioritized but in a great way. I have always loved research, and this was an opportunity to really teach them things I feel they will really need in life. How to care for animals, raise plants, research their dreams and make them into reality. Even if what they want is to work for a living, go to college, or have a family; I want them to have a better foundation then what they were recieving. We are almost done our first year and its only March. We follow both our private homeschool that we belong to that requires 1000 hours a year, and the public school system that states 180 days and 4 hours a day. At the end of March, we will have acquired 1100 hours and 190 days.
We will restart our 8th grade April 20. At this pace, we will finish middle school curriculum by January, 2015. One goal the girls have is to finish by their 16th birthday. For Katlyn, that means May 22, 2017 she will be ready for her next adventure. In the next few semesters, one of my plans is to incorporate community service, maybe an internship into the field of their choice. My greatest pleasure about homeschooling is that I can make school tailor to our family, and not the other way around
No comments:
Post a Comment